Saturday, February 14, 2009

Learning to sew

I was never taught how to sew and was always afraid to attempt anything other than burp cloths and baby blankets. But when I figured out that it's really hard and awkward to nurse my baby at church (using just a blanket as a cover..which covers up her face or just falls off) I was determined to find a nursing cover. I looked at Etsy and decided that the prices were just too much for something I'll only use once a week for 15 minutes..so I looked to Google to help me find a sewing pattern to attempt. I finally decided on this pattern from Little Birdie Secrets, and here's how it turned out:



I was so proud of myself for not messing it up! And I was surprised at how easy it was (not to mention cheap). I have so much more confidence in myself now, I think sewing is going to be one of my new hobbies. Anyone know any good sewing blogs?

2 comments:

Heart Felt said...

I'm new at sewing too, my heart races every time I use the sewing machine, confidence is a big thing. You have done so well, looks great! xx

Natalie and Eric said...

That looks great! I'll have to get the pattern from you and try to make one for myself! That will be scary!