Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Knits for Baby #2

Here are some of the things I've made so far for my second baby (she's due Jan. 12).

Neutral beanie

Pattern: Basic beanie knit in the round

Yarn: Rowan Cashcotton DK #619 (Cashew)

Blue blanket - made before I knew she was a 'she'!
Pattern from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding
Yarn: Bernat Satin (why I chose an acrylic yarn I do not know..!)

Cranberry Booties

Pattern: Cozy Booties from New Heritage Knits

Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft DK #521 (Opulence)

Bonnet

Pattern: Top Down Bonnet from HelloYarn (free pattern)

Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft DK #521

Pea Green Sweater

Pattern: JoJo Basic Crew Sweater from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino #503 (Pea Green)

I have more neutral hats and booties made, and I plan on making a bigger and better blanket. I also want to make a sweater/cardigan to match the bonnet and booties. The green sweater was my first completed sweater and is definitely not perfect, but I think it came out pretty good for being my first. I'd like to try a different sweater pattern - one that is knit in the round - so I don't have so many seams to sew up!

3 comments:

The Parents said...

Wow you made that sweater!? It's such a cool color!

Natalie and Eric said...

Those are all really amazing. You do such a great job.

Heart Felt said...

What wonderful colours you have chosen! Love the green sweater and that bonnet is to die for! xx